Chosen by brands large and small
Our GIF maker is used by over 10,209,854 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
Browse through our social media post templates, both animated and static, to find the perfect template to turn into your next branded GIF. All icons, illustrations and design elements can be animated to give your designs a little something extra.
Features of the GIF Maker
If you’re looking for easy GIF creation, you’ve found it with Visme. Our custom GIF maker allows you to create fully customizable branded animated GIFs to engage your audience and promote your business.
Beautiful GIF templates
Browse our animated and static templates to find something that works for you. Any image under 1080x1080px can be downloaded as a GIF and shared with your audience. Simply animate the icons and illustrations, add effects to your text and download.Create Your GIF
Build your GIF
Use Visme’s animated illustrations, characters and gestures to draw attention to various aspects of your graphics. Point to your call-to-action button, animate an illustration that’s relevant to your product or service, and more. Use stock photos with color overlays and our animated settings to create a stunning GIF.
Customize every aspect of your GIF to engage your audience
Social media graphic creation has never been more awesome. Use Visme’s online GIF maker to create animated graphics that will grab your audience’s attention on social media, in email newsletters or even within your blog posts. Create branded graphics with your fonts and colors, customize icons and illustrations, and download and share your handmade GIFs.
More Great Features of the GIF Maker
- Library of premade templates to animate and customize
- Animated illustrations, characters and gestures to bring life to your design
- Hundreds of thousands of icons and photos to choose from
- Add in your own branded fonts and colors to make it your own
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Download as a high resolution animated GIF to share on social media
What is a GIF?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format, and was developed in 1987 as a moving image. These can be used in many ways, from humorous moving pictures to quick looping clips from movies and shows to branded animated GIFs you can use in marketing. Use these to share memes, stickers, slideshows and more.
Create your own GIFs in Visme by uploading brand elements, images and video relevant to your business, and accessing the millions of available design assets in Visme's editor.Create Your GIF
Use the GIF maker to promote your business.
Create GIFs to use as calls-to-action for lead magnets and requesting a quote. Make a GIF to share on social media to promote your latest blog post. You can even make animated GIFs to use in your email newsletters to engage your subscribers. Uploading your existing GIFs is easy, especially if you don’t have a framerate that is too fast.
More Than a GIF Maker
Visme’s online GIF maker is so much more than just a text GIF maker or a video GIF maker. Our GIF application gives you complete control over what your GIF will look like. Choose your fonts, colors, icons, photos and more, and decide what your GIF creations will look like.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
Create a unique GIF by manipulating the animation settings for each element that appears in the moving graphic. Wow your audience with animated graphics.
VISUALIZE YOUR DATA
Charts & Graphs
Add animated charts, graphs and data widgets to your GIF designs to visualize numbers, statistics and data in an easily digestible manner.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images & Graphics
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, characters, lines, shapes and more to create an engaging and beautiful GIF design.
How to Make GIFs in 5 Steps
Everyone knows and loves GIFs on the internet. They’re used for reaction comments and to bring humor and personality into your brand regularly. But they can also be used to create stunning, animated graphics to promote your business, products, services and content.
Add pre-animated illustrations, set animation speed for objects flying on screen, upload your own photos and video clips, and more to create a fully unique and branded GIF image with Visme.
- Take a look at our social media and blog graphic templates.
- You can choose a pre-animated template or animate a static template yourself.
- Customize the fonts, colors and illustrated icons to match your brand.
- Choose your animations for each element. Stick to just two or three different styles.
- Download your finished animated graphic as a GIF to share online.
How to Use the GIF Maker
- First, determine what you want to promote on your website, email or social media. This will help you start with your GIF creation process.
- Log into Visme to access the GIF creator. Start a new project and click on the Web Graphics or Social Graphics tab to access our selection of animated templates.
- Select the template that most closely matches the type of animated GIF you want to create.
- Customize the template until it looks exactly how you want it to. You can update fonts, colors, icons, illustrations, everything.
- Click on an element, whether it’s a text box or an icon or illustration, and open the animation settings.
- There are 15 different types of animations you can add to a single element, but we recommend you stick to just two or three in a single design.
- Animate each element that you want to draw attention to and preview your design to make sure it looks good.
- Download as a GIF and share on social media, in your email newsletters and in your blog posts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Absolutely! Visme makes it possible to create your own completely unique GIF to share with your audience. Design a fully branded GIF that you can use in social media content, on your website, in blogs, in email newsletters and more.
Of course! You can easily duplicate your animated GIF design in a new project, then update the pixel dimensions to match the optimal sizing for each platform.
If you start with a template, you have the ability to completely customize it to fit your brand and your needs. Or you can start from scratch to create your own custom GIF image. You can upload your own fonts, images and graphics or use the ones provided in the editor.
Absolutely. When you have a Brand Kit set up in Visme, it is available for all sorts of projects, not only GIFs. To use the Brand Kit, you’ll need to upgrade to a Standard Plan.
You sure can! All the illustrations are accessible for free and can be used and downloaded within any project.
There are several GIF makers out there, but we think Visme is the best one. This is due to the array of animated graphics and capabilities our tool offers as well as the full customization ability our users get to create a completely unique GIF, unlike anything they've seen on GIPHY or Vimeo before. Plus, you won't be stuck with a massive file size that your iPhone or Android can't handle.